The Carmi Elks Lodge #1652 is having their ElksFest on Oct. 9-10. We will have a chili cook-off and corn hole tournament on Saturday and food vendors and bands both Friday and Saturday!
Doors open at 4 p.m. on Friday, with food vendors opening at at 5 p.m. Pez and the Dispensers will take the stage at 8 p.m.
On Saturday, doors will open with food vendors and the chili cook-off starting at 11 a.m. The corn hole tournament will begin at 3 p.m. and the Glastones will take the stage at 8 p.m.
Come #CoverYourCob with the Carmi Elks!
In other news, on Fridays we will have menus for Gottzz’s and orders will be delivered to the Lodge, except on Oct. 16. Doors open at 4 p.m.
Upcoming events include:
- Thursday, Oct 1, there will be a Lodge meeting initiation at 7 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 2, DJ/Karaoke at the Lodge starting at 8 p.m.!
- Tuesday, Oct. 6, there will be a board meeting at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 15, there will be a Lodge meeting at 7 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 16, we’ll be having a Lodge Rental Benefit starting at 5 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 23, we’ll again be playing Mix Tape Music Bingo. $2 per player/per round. Come see what all the excitement is about!
- Thursday, Oct. 29, we’ll be hosting regular Bingo. Cards are $10 per pack with single cards also available for $1.
- Friday, Oct. 30, DJ/Karaoke at the Lodge starting at 8 p.m.!
- Saturday, Oct. 31, is our annual Halloween party this year. Get your costumes ready and come dance the night away with Hard Sunday at 8 p.m.! Prizes will be awarded for the best, scariest and couples/group costumes!
The Lodge is located at 217 E. Cherry St. in Carmi (use the front entrance), and is open every Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 4 p.m. until midnight. Dinner is served Friday nights from 6pm-? Pizzas are available for order on Thursdays and anytime that the kitchen may be closed. You must have a valid ID in order to purchase alcohol at the Lodge.
The Carmi Elks Lodge #1652 calendar has gone digital. Please send an email to email@example.com or like our Facebook page to see the monthly calendar. Printed copies will be available at the Lodge.
Not a Elks member? To be eligible for membership in the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, you must be a citizen of the United States over the age of 21 who believes in God. You can be sponsored by any member in good standing from any lodge in the country. You'll also need two other Elks who will be your references. You will fill out an application, conduct an interview and be informed of the voting results before being asked to present yourself for indoctrination and later initiated. Please visit https://www.elks.org/membership/join.cfm or speak to an Elks member for more information.
Have an event you would like to host? Give us a call at 618-382-4687.